Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #3
lolailo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_crispy View Post
I used a captivate for about 3 months. before that i used various blackberrys for about 4 years.

What i liked: I LOVED the browser, Apps, customization (adding contacts to home screen), and the notification system. Emails display great (ESP HTML ones vs the BB). Attachments display perfectly (XML, DOC, PDF etc). Auto-sync with my Gmail contacts and calender is great, aswell as the facebook integration. The media player is wonderful... Recording in 720p is very cool too.

What i didn't like: Battery life sucks, bad (compared to BB). while swype is GREAT, it doesn't replace a keyboard is most situations (especially on the go). Andriod can be buggy. The Email client (not Gmail, but exchange) can be very laggy (takes a while to get emails, and when you refresh tends to lag the phone for a second). Editing long paragraphs is a pain in the ass (hard to select certain words). The speakerphone isnt great, and i hate not having a dedicated mute button.

So alas, I went back to the 9700 because i missed the keyboard and compact size. (i work at a att store so i can use anything). The navigation can also be easier with the BB (more straightforward)... But im not sure how long it will last.

So has anyone else made the jump to andriod? Hopefully this will help some of you who are on the fence make a decision!

I'm both BB and Android user and as in every comparison one is better than the other in specific aspects.

But i just have to say that i like more my Android than my BB, call me weird but that's how i feel about mi two phones.
Offline   Reply With Quote