View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
cynical2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-moby

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
Can you pull the photo from PB via your PC and post it? If you do this and the image is compressed then it's PB and not the BB. PB may be showing you thumbnails of your photo in which case you need to find the full image link for PB when you're browsing on your BB and saving the photo.

Sorry, I don't use PB (and don't intend to) so I can't do this for you.
It's definitely the BB. I can download onto my laptop and get the full-res image (30+K), but when I go to the same exact image and download via my BB it downloads a compressed (~11K) image. If I first hit "Full Image" to get the BB to not compress the image, and then DL it to my BB, I'll get the uncompressed image.

I still think that there should be a way to turn off (and on) image compression...most of the time you will want it on (for browsing speed), but sometimes the image quality is important. To have to manually reload every image in it's uncompressed form, and then download it, seems like overkill. IMO, I should just be able to switch on a "Use all full images" switch until I tell it to go back to using compressed images while browsing.