View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #14
trax95008
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFCEA View Post
Help, My BB9700 died this morning while doing the latest Official AT&T update. All I get is a blinking red light and that's it. Battery was fully charged before I did the deed.

During the update I got a message that the update failed. I've tried using BBSAK to totally wipe it but still not working. Tried at home as well as work and it keeps telling me it's not connected. When I plug it in the computer sees that I plugged it in, but BBSAK and BB DM fail to see it. Again both at work and home. So I’m thinking it’s the device and not the software? Did it die a hard death?

I took it to a AT&T corporate store on the way home this evening. They look it up on my account. She can’t see when I bought it, which was in July from Best Buy. She tells me I have to take it to Best Buy as that’s where I bought it. WTF I said is this not AT&T? She then proceeds to tell me that I have to take it to a Service Center across town…Are you kidding me I ask…Yep!! Why can’t you see it I asked… She does not know!! Do you know when my contract expires? Yes…She explains…but I can’t tell when you bought it!!
well obviously its still under warranty. the phone hasn't been out for a year yet. (one week shy of a year at this point) and best buy didn't even get it right away
Offline   Reply With Quote