9balla4life
Thumbs Must Hurt

Location: Land where Blackburr's grow off trees....not sure yet
Model: 8120
PIN: 24760E78
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumWild
I downloaded a checkbook program by Mobatech (cost $14.95). It seemed to work well. That is, until I updated my OS.

I had to re-install the software, and the data files are nowhere to be found???

Wrote to customer service and the thought I needed to download the software again. I let them know they misunderstood, and that the data file was missing. This is what they wrote back:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm not sure how you would retrieve your transactions after upgrading your OS. It sounds like the upgrade process may have removed the application data that is tied to your Java apps (i.e. transactions). This would not be retrievable.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this! HOW LAME can a program be where the data files get erased every time the OS is updated?

I need to find another checkbook program where the data is actually backed up and can be restored if there is a problem. I will NOT be buying any more Mobatech software.

Any suggestions?
Assuming that yoiu have CW just log onto cingular.com/db and once you get access the the site you case disput any and every ringtone, games, graphics, and the applications, the works. All you have to do is to click on the item recently purchased and it click on dispute and then state your reason. That system is automated so that receiving credits are much easier.

I had that MOBILE CHKBOOK as well and when I upgrade my OS it wiped it out and then I went online and disputted the charges and got my money back to dl again. Hope this helps.
Currently using 8100 Pearl.