Old 04-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #16
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalpern View Post
If the icon is gone, close BB Desktop Manager, and go to c:/Documents and Settings\all users\application data\research in motion\blackberry to find a file, “ip_modem_configuration.xml”.

Edit it, find your carrier, and set the “enabled” from “false” to “true.”

Then launch Desktop Manager again and it should be there.

Remember, appluication data is a hidden folder, so make sure you can see hidden folders.

Cheers.

Paul
Paul

Your documentation is correct and thank-you. What threw me off is that depending upon how you install the version 5.0.1 DM, if you select "All Users" your location is correct under All Users. If you install DM using "Only Me" the location of the XML file will be located under the user profile you installed the DM on and not All Users. In a previous post the path was pointed to the user profile and not all users and I could not find it.

I did edit the XML file in Windows7 and for those users who may have this OS you can download an XML Editor for Windows7 available on the MS$ site. Just look for "XML Notepad 2007". When you find the file you can just right click and edit using the MS XML Editor which will show on the right click. I used this XML Editor and it has a find feature and located AT&T, not ATT. Once you find the AT&T entry you can enable the IP Modem icon in DM 5.0.1 following the instructions and changing the value to "True".

I am still missing something as it is not binding the connection inside the DM using the new icon.
Do I need to configure the modem in the control panel??

Thanks everyone for your input using ATT carrier!

Hmeister