View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 02:24 AM   #175
boldvt

Model: bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: mobifone

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
For any of you that are like me and prefer the BlackBerry Maps to AT&T's Telenav product this may help you out. By default AT&T Bolds do not have BlackBerry Maps and will hide it if you try to add it back in.

Here is how to get BlackBerry Maps back on your beloved Bold:

1. Download the Bold Software from AT&T

2. Install it on your computer and use Desktop Manage to Add/Remove Applications

3. Select BlackBerry Maps to be installed by checking it

4. At this point Maps will be installed, however, it will still no show on your phone due to AT&T hiding it from view.

5. You can show it by using any other theme than AT&T's. I have built a basic theme that mimics the AT&T theme as close as possible that you can download if you don't want to build your own with the CDK.

6. Switch to your alternate theme and Maps will show up as a compass in the main ribbon.

EDIT: I attached some screenshots so you can see what the theme looks like as well as BlackBerry Maps being shown. (Note the background is one of the preloaded ones on the device)

Please let me know if you have any comments or trouble with this!

Cheers,

Jacob
Hi,

Thank for ur tip, but please help to let me know if and how can I get BB Map on my BOLD 9000 (my BB bold 9000 was from Singtel, I bought it in Singapore) now I am using OS v4.6(282), I am travelling in Asia,..,

I think my BOLD is global version (which no need to unlock by code or provider contract,..., I just walk in SingTel, buy, insert my SIM and work....)

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards
HTC SoftBank X01HT & BlackBerry Bold 9000
Offline   Reply With Quote