View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:07 AM   #12
rjd75
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
Carrier: Telus
Default Re: Dissappointed with 9900 on Telus - many issues

You are missing my point.. The majority of bb users are business people who need a phone that works reliably, not kids BBMing each other and listening to music, and reloading their phones every week with the latest leaked OS. That may be really cool to some of you on here, but I can assure that the majority of Bay St. financiers and the like don't search the net for a leaked OS. If RIM wants to tout that they have a niche in the enterprise market, than they need to release products that work properly out of the box.

In regards to Weather eye, it has worked flawlessly without effecting battery life on my 9700 and I yes I know how it works and yes I had it set to update every 15mins, same on my wife's first gen torch to this day.

Carrying a second battery? Are you serious? I am using a smart phone in 2011 not a Motorola brick phone in 1989. I would sooner toss this phone and go back to a 9700 than have to carry a second battery. The good news is that I am on my fifth or so charge now and things seem to have drastically improved so hopefully it will only get better with more charging cycles and OS updates. Still doesn't solve my signal issue though, many time I looked at it yesterday and had the SOS.

Task switcher might not be an issue on your leaked OS but it sure is on .261

Last edited by rjd75; 09-04-2011 at 06:10 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote