View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
Megazell

PIN: N/A
Carrier: None
Default New to Blackberry 9900

Please Login to Remove!

Hey,

I just got this phone as a gift. As of right now, I have no carrier but I am just trying to use it with Wifi.

Desktops and laptops that I run are all using Linux Mint 17 - KDE - 64 Bit, FYI.

I got Twitter, Opera-Mini and regular Internet usage working on it. Removed stuff I did not need or want to use. But I am new to this system and would like some help or guidance.

Google Talk - Does not connect. It stays at the connecting window with the animated and does not progress

The default browser - I am unable to remove the bookmarks it came preinstalled with - CNN, ESPN and the like. I made it so that it starts with the home page of my choice - but I would like to remove them.

I have some books in PDF and .epub format I would like to have on me. I got one of them PDFs to open with the Docs to Go but the rest do not open. I also downloaded some ebook readers - YPub and Ebook Reader but they hang on opening any of the books - even the pure text based books. What is a easy to use book reader on here.

Last - I would like to dl some games without ads or f2p nonsense attached.
Awhile back at an NYU LAN tournament I met some Ludumdare devs that were showcasing their games on multiple systems they were playing freeware games on their blackberry phones (not sure if it was Touch 9900). Is there a guide on uploading games of these nature?

Last edited by Megazell; 09-08-2014 at 11:05 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote