eldiener
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Upgrading from 9800 to 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Knottyrope is bringing up a good point. Not all 9810's work on any carrier. It's best to verify the carrier it will work on before you purchase it.
What should I be looking for when I buy the 9810 online ? Do I look for an "unlocked 9810" as well as an "AT&T branded device" ? If not what is the terminology I should be looking for to make sure I will buy the correct device which I can use with my AT&T account ?

I have found at New Egg, whom I trust having bought many computer products over the years in building my own computers, this 9810 at BlackBerry Torch Gray 3G Unlocked GSM Blackberry OS Phone w/ Blackberry OS 7.0 / 3.2" Screen / 5.0MP Camera (9810) - Newegg.com. The specification seems to say that it is compatible with AT&T 3G. But I do not see anything that says "AT&T branded device". Nonetheless it seems as if it should work for me. Or should I be looking to buy my 9810 somewhere else where it says "AT&T branded device" ?

Needless to say talking to AT&T themselves is pretty hopeless. They only want to "upgrade" me to a modern smartphone.

Last edited by eldiener; 07-30-2015 at 01:51 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote