Old 03-10-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
jenlee

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: virgin
Default Help with mass storage mode

Please Login to Remove!

I hope you can help me!

I am having problems connecting my BB to my laptop. It was working fine at first but recently had to have it repaired due to a cracked screen. Since it's been back I am unable to download tunes/photos etc onto it. The computer recognises that it's plugged in. It's connecting to the desktop software and the message box pops up to say it's installed. The problem is that it isn't going into mass storage mode. When I used to plug it in the phone used to prompt me and ask if I wanted it in mass storage mode.

I have checked the settings and mass storage mode is on and is set to prompt so I know when it's working. It isn't showing up on my devices on the computer and I have gone through the phone and can't find any other settings that I can change. I have 2 USB cables and get the same result, it is also charging when plugged in. As I said it's recognised on my desktop software and I'm able to download upgrades.

I'm very non technical so really hoping this is something simple that I have missed. HELP!
Offline   Reply With Quote