View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
dragonryder
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Torch earpiece speaker volume...better with new OS builds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
Well, volume is a dealbreaker with me. I have some damage to my "phone ear" from a martial arts injury as a youngster...and some phones (Sony Ericsson, some Motorolas...) are simply not loud enough for me.

I got my first Torch the day after release day...and returned it three days later because of the volume and the laggy OS. I've tried to go back to the 9700/9780 from my iPhone 4, and I'm too spoiled to a larger screen to go back to such a small one...which is a shame, since the speaker volume in those two phones (and the 9000 Bold as well) are more than adequate.

I'm hoping that I don't find myself returning the one I'm getting today. I plan on updating the OS to 6.0.0.526 as soon as it comes out of the box, so I'll have the most recent build from the get-go. We'll see...
Mine is from AT&T and it came with the .246 OS. I upgraded within a week to .448 and the speaker volume was corrected. AT&T just made the .278 OS available for upgrade but I have no idea what that one does. I just upgrade to .526 OS and still have good volume.
And yes, the .448 and .526 are not releases by AT&T. The .448 is an official release from RIM, and the .526 is a "leaked" upgrade.