Old 02-02-2006, 03:35 AM   #16
aergina
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
Carrier: ATT & Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance
Here's my questions:

1. What are the file sizes of the OS and DTM downloads this time? I'm on dialup, and last time I d/led the OS update, I had to go to a friend's house to use his DSL connection because the files were so huge (something like 125 MB total). Are they still so ridiculously large?

2. Would someone please post complete, THOROUGH, step-by-step-by-step instructions of how to install this CORRECTLY, written as if for a complete and total BB newbie. I never did get OS 4.0..1.whatever installed correctly. I'm sure I did something wrong, but I don't know what, because no one would ever give me the complete instructions of how to do it the RIGHT way! This time, I hope to get the update installed correctly, so throw me a frickin' bone here, people!

Make sure to run down everything, including the correct procedures for doing a clean uninstall of the old software from my PC.
Throwing the bone...
The 4.1 DTM is 101 MB. The 4.1 OS is 33.7 MB. Click on the link below and enter choose it from the dropdown menu...
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do
I don't kno how long it will take for download on dial-up. I suggest purchasing a flash drive maybe with about 256 MB or more, download it wherever u want where theres DSL or anything faster that dial-up, save it to the flash, then load it on ur computer...
The rest is a piece of cake...just follow THE WIZARD...also...
Try scrolling up on this thread and the link is about 4 clicks of the "up" button away...same link...if that doesn't work try using the search button...
Hope u caught it...

7520.8700c.8310.8350i