View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:45 AM   #6
machiavell1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2-UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_uk View Post
I wouldn't venture a review based on a 2 mins trial - esp not on this forum!

But as to form/function, I've always thought Curve was the BB to beat - business class QWERTY plus a few consumer apps, all correctly balanced in a compact 115g form factor with no nasty surprises.

Bold, fully loaded as it is, never cut it for me; a big, hefty beast, hobbled by 3G whose appeal totally depends on carrier performance where you happen to be.

Storm carries a confusing message. Because it's a BB, there's an expectation that it works just like devices with physical keypads, and it doesn't. If you don't mind using two hands, you can live without speed dial from the idle screen etc., then fine. It's not a bad device, it'll give Apple a run for its money and it will undoubtedly improve with firmware updates, but keypad killer it ain't.

As to readiness of the 8900 UI, we'll have to wait a month before the early birds get their hands on a retail model. And a month is a long time in software.
I think that mirrors my feel of the Bold and the Storm (and I have a Bold now), and the Curve was always the one to beat for me, vis a vis berries. The Bold's UI and speed (nearly) combined with the Curve's form factor would suit me well.

A month for retail? I was rather hoping it would be out in the UK in the next few weeks.
Offline   Reply With Quote