View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #58
silver-eagle

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Storm Impressions

The storm is my second BB; the first, an 8830 World Edition, supplied by my company. Overall impression is favorable. It replaces my personal Win 5 pocket pc. I find the keyboard easy to use with a little practice. It's better than the pocket pc touch screen where you could only use the stylus though not as good as the full slide out keyboard. The screen keyboard reminds me of a full stroke keyboard with the tactile "feel" and audible click. With the font size I use, I get about 7 lines on the screen while the keyboard is displayed.
I do have a problem with "suretype". I'm going to need a lot of work with that option. I havent figured out how to get the words I want and generally prefer the "multitap" keyboard.
The phone number keys are better than those on the 8830. They are large "buttons" with the numbers and letters on the keys. The 8830 overlays the phone keypad on top of the qwerty keyboard.
It's not to hard going between the Storm and the 8830 and I've managed to get them both configured similarly. They are about the same size and physically the same weight.
It has its quirks but who among us don't. Give it a good test drive before you condemn it. I think I'll keep it.
Offline   Reply With Quote