View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #28
Shaolin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Bell

I was really thinking about jumping to Android as I'm all about customization and things like that, but it's very hard for me to leave my BB. It's not even a BBM thing, it's the fact that I can stay connected to everyone in my life in a quick and efficient manner.

I was disappointed after I saw the specs on the new 9800 because it didn't match up to all the big phones out there, but I can almost guarantee the 9800 will do everything that I want it to do, just like my trusty 7290/8700/8310/9000, and it will do it faster.

The biggest disappointment for me with BB since the beginning was the brower was horrendous, this year I just got even more frustrated because with other platforms moving forward, I'm still stuck not being able to use the web efficiently on my BB.

I saw the reviews, the hands-on of the 9800. Yeah the specs aren't great but when it comes down to it, all the frustrations from my old blackberrys and what I wanted to see in a BB is now in the 9800 (bigger screen, touch screen with keyboard), albeit the specs are below other platforms.

People can talk about specs and apps all they want, but you don't need 100,000 apps, when only a mere handful of useful apps is necessary. If I want to play games I'll play my consoles at home on a regular size LCD TV, and not a 4 inch screen.

I get to demo the Samsung Vibrant this afternoon to see if I want to make the jump, but I'm going to hold off the decision until I get to try the 9800 as well before I make the move.
Offline   Reply With Quote