Old 05-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #19
RayRaven

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile UK
Default Re: Initial Impressions - first 12 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Several years ago, BlackBerry had already combined touch and keyboard, both with the 9800 and 9900 series. Very popular devices.

The world, for the most part, has moved on to touch. There is still a very vocal group that insists on keyboards and the Q10 is for them. There will be quite the learning curve as the OS is totally different. How well BlackBerry integrates the keyboard into BB 10 is the main question for me.
There's one thing that everybody seems to be missing re a keyboard/touch phone, including RIM themselves.

The advantages of a physical keyboard over a touchscreen keyboard are obvious (at least to myself, and every other BB user before the 10 series), but to my mind, there is no point at all to having a physical keyboard without a trackball control alongside it.

I love BB phones purely for the fact that they still use the aforementioned keyboard, and find it a lot easier and faster to use than a touchscreen virtual keyboard, but if there is no mouse (trackball) included, it all seems that the design has not been properly thought out.

I've been with BB for four years now, and found them to be hugely reliable compared to other (touch) OSs, but if I'm going to now be forced into going down the touchscreen route, it might as well be for a system that is recognised and supported by a plethora of developers, rather than an OS that most developers seem to want to ignore.
Offline   Reply With Quote