View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #27
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Latest OS: 9650 6.0.0.1659/6.0.0.415 (Multilanguage)

I took the plunge last night and gave up my superbly tuned OS 5.0.0.699 for OS 6.0.0.415. What motivated me was my lust for the upcoming Bold Touch. I figure I should be familiar with the new OS by the time Sprint gets the 9930. I've also been fielding a lot of user questions on OS 6. Time to dive in.

It's smooth and snappy, and battery life seems equal to or better than OS 5.
Not a fan of the calendar. Although it finally blocks out the entire appointment rather than displaying a single block with a line down the time axis, the entire calendar got smaller! Seems if you're going to take away available display space, this is where you might want the old-style appointment blocking. But what do I know?

Not a fan of the tray. From the home screen you used to simply hit the Menu key. Now the Menu key brings out - wait for it - a menu. From that menu the user selects "open tray" and gets the screen with all the icons. Extra step, and totally pointless IMHO.

I appears to me that RIM "Disney'ed up" the look of the BlackBerry OS. Clearly OS 6 was designed with the Torch in mind. My 9650 screen is a bit cramped and crowded now. Maybe a theme would alleviate some of this cramped feeling. It's particularly egregious on the home screen which is where a theme does the most good. Maybe it's just that I'm such a luddite. I pine for the days of the scroll wheel on the side of my 7105t. Ah, simpler times!
Offline   Reply With Quote