View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
snazzy1

Model: storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Smile Yahoo Messenger Privacy in a BES Account?

Please Login to Remove!

Here's a privacy question for a BES Admin: 1) Are actual transcripts of my Yahoo Messenger chats routinely logged by my corporate BES admin? 2) Or can they just be "monitored" (perhaps viewed live??) if they happen to see a chat going on and/or see statistics for overall usage without actual text transcripts? 3) If transcripts of the Yahoo IM sessions are logged, how troublesome is it for a small company to do that (e.g. would my BES admin IT person even bother or does it require them to install 3rd party sotware?)

Some BES ITs are saying that you can/do actually log transcripts of EVERYTHING including IM chats within 3rd party apps like Yahoo IM (Messenger), while others say you can only "monitor" use--as in "I know you're accessing Yahoo Messenger and when, but I don't know what you're actually saying."

C'mon, you peeps are holding your cards pretty tight to your chest on this one! Anyone willing to give up the real story? Do you see stored logs of Yahoo Messenger IM transcripts or not?

Thank you!
Offline   Reply With Quote