View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #46
classact
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9780
Carrier: Orange UK and T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
I went through the same thing! Took 2 hours. They couldn't upgrade my old contract- or they could if I bought the Bold for £129!! Instead started a whole new contract and got the Bold for free. Then cancelled the old contract. It means a new phone number though. Why they couldn't upgrade the old contract is beyond me. Orange aren't that organized I guess.
a) Orange Consumer or Orange Business? If Orange Business, the computer system for Orange Business upgrades that interfaces with stores is down and has been for a couple of days. Stores cannot do upgrades for Orange Business customers. Orange Consumer won't do it.

b) I don't understand how they can just "cancel" a contract unless you were out of the minimum period of 12, 18 or 24 months.

There's no chance I'd let them change my number to get a new handset. What I will be doing is complaining bitterly on Monday and seeing how much I can reduce the upgrade price by. I wasted an hour of my time today driving to and from their local store just to find out that they couldn't deliver despite having the handset in the box in front of me.
Offline   Reply With Quote