View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Who else is really dissapointed?

I'm a little disappointed in having to wait for the new devices, but not so much disappointed in RIM.

It is sad to see a company try so hard to sell to customers it is not designing for and doesn't know how to design for, and doesn't know how to sell to.

On top of this, RIM is now fighting the meme that it is a failing company in every way and can't do anything right, can't even manage the simplest of things It's been said before how Google or Apple screw up and their response is a touted as a model of what good companies do right. RIM screws up and it just feeds into the meme. BlackBerrys are out of fashion, not cool, at least not in North America.

Fashion is hard to navigate. RIM is incapable of being cool on purpose; maybe by accident, but not by intent.

I personally haven't experienced quality problems or defective devices. I don't doubt it happens; I just have no sense of the real magnitude of it.

I'm anxious for the new device and wish I had it yesterday. But I can wait. The 9700 with OS 5 is almost perfect, anyway, as far as I'm concerned. Might as well get the most use out of it.
Offline   Reply With Quote