View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #15
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Bold Touch tomorrow (July 26th)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
"can't ship the phones on time" ???

What the heck does that mean?

When did RIM announce a ship date?
I think the disappointment amongst some is that RIM announces new phones almost 8 months before they release them

We get a sneek peak at the 'future' only to have the longest waiting period ever.

Apple does it well, they screw customers but the customers don't care! New iPhone is announced the day it is available. People who weeks before spent their money on the 'old' device cry, and sometimes Apple gives a credit of $100.

RIM however comes out and says "NEW DEVICE" which makes people stop and think "should I really buy a BlackBerry now with new ones coming soon?" which turns into "I got sick of waiting so I bought an iPhone/Android"

What 'we' want is RIM to come out and say "here's a new device, and in 2 months we're selling it"

It would make sales slump leading up to the device release, but if they'd stop taking big leaps, aka 'playing catchup' (significant increase in RAM, storage and CPU power compared to devices less than a year old) there would be a reason to still buy the 'old' devices.