Old 03-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreaterjoe View Post
I just signed up with Sprint last week and got a BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330. When I wasn't on the phone with someone, it charged just fine. But at night when I was talking on it and saw the battery was getting low (it was on the last bar of white) I would plug it in and it wouldn't charge. I kept taking the cord in and out of it and still couldn't get it to charge. So, I'd have to get off the phone and reboot my phone then I'd call back and it would charge. But then it would stop charging when the battery wasn't completely charged. So, Sprint told me they would replace it and sounded like the phone was defective.

Well, I got my replacement phone yesterday, and again when I wasn't talking on my phone it would charge without a problem. So, last night when I was talking on it for a while, I plugged in the cord just to see if it would charge and it seemed fine. Well, as I was still talking, the battery was getting low, again just one white bar, and I plugged the cord in and it wouldn't charge. I took the cord in and out of it again and then I got it to charge. I kept checking to make sure it was charging and it was then it stopped so I had to keep messing with it again and finally got it to charge and it continued to charge until the battery was full. And just a little while ago after hanging up the phone I plugged it back in and it wouldn't charge at all, I had to keep taking the plug in and out of the phone until I finally got it to charge.

I guess it's not the phone after all, unless I am getting bad phones sent to me by Sprint but I don't feel that is it. So, I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the charging is so screwy when I talk to someone. I really don't know what it could be. Thanks to anyone that can help me fix this issue.
Simple..... The battery is hot. While on a call, and being against your face and in your hand, the built-in battery temp sensor is restricting the ability to charge. Its dangerous to charge a hot Lithium Ion Battery

Get a bluetooth. You're arm and battery will thank you. Just keep it plugged in as you use it, and it won't get near as hot.

Just in case, if the charge indicator turns off (from heat). Take the battery door off and put the BB on its face, battery exposed, and it will cool down, and automatically resume charging when the temp drops.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote