View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 03:38 AM   #16
Bieradler

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Default Re: How Is The Battery Life?

I've now had my first BB for a few months now. I like it. Really like it. I've had two iPhones and Droid prior, so, I have something to compare to. I like my BB for different reasons I liked my iPhones. A big one is functionality. But if you don't have a device with a proper battery to give you that functionality, then it's no longer functional, is it?

RIM missed here. There is no reason in the middle of 2011, a smartphone does not have an auto-focused lens. There is also no front-facing camera. Now, many of us here may not have a need for a front-facing camera, but, those buying Droids and iPhones are not going to buy a phone that's more expensive without one. Sure, the keyboard may be great, but, as far as a multi-media device, it should have had those things. Yes, it has NFC, but that won't be enough to win over those droid guys.

Just my $.02 as a user from the other big two...and, no, now I'm not so sad I bought my 9650 when I did. It lasts me two days with a charge and I can take all the pics I want in focus and was half the price. I was really hoping this new model was going to hit it out of the park. I want RIM to succeed. It's good for us consumers to have market competition. I just hope they'll have another chance to correct their newest mistake.
Offline   Reply With Quote