View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #13
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

Quote:
Assuming a) other users are fine and b) you tried wiping BB, removing and readding user first, what is the ping time between BES and Exch? Ping time is more useful than hops but although RIM want it to be below 35, we all know it will work with a lot higher.

I have >215 between US BES and Aus Exchange and while sync works fine, OTA activation is a nightmare.
Wow, pings times over 215. It's a wonder you're still working. By the way, RIM does not want it below 35, Microsoft does. MAPI is not designed to handle high ping times, so RIM has to follow Microsoft specs on that.

It's no surprise that EA takes a long time, especially with users that have large mailboxes.

But, as long as the users don't see any issues and you don get blocked worker threads yet. I will warn you though, I don't know how long this setup has been working but at some point it will more than likely break. It always has in my experience, just don't call RIM because the only thing they will tell you to do is place the BES closer to Exchange.
Offline   Reply With Quote