View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
janetdoyle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Default Re: I am new to BBM, BlackBerry AND smartphones, question re WiFi only and BBM on Z10

Well, clarified I hope through my Bell store: when my Z10 is connected at home to our household WiFi [for our computers... from our local cable company and distributed around the house by our own router] and "Data Services" on the Z10 is off, I can use BBM and the Web... "Data Services" as seen on my Z10's settings menu is part of the carrier network basket of services [Bell] I'm paying for as part of my cell plan, and turning that off to save $ is not going to affect my WiFi connection, it's there regardless. Probably and apparently my phone uses the WiFi first if it is available but they were a little fuzzy on that one, so to be sure I turn off the Data Services portion of the Network Connections box... and Airplane Mode is when all incoming services are turned off and the user is only able to access anything stored on the phone... keeping On the "Mobile Network" will allow phoning and texting, and keeping off "Data Services" will keep strictly data charges from being incurred while my Z10 uses the WiFi here available at home... so if that does not jibe with your understanding, I'd be interested to know. Too much confusion around all of this.

If a Moderator wants this put into another Thread or forum, fine... thanks for your comments above but I think I now have the scripture understood from on high -- would you agree?

Last edited by janetdoyle; 05-11-2013 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: clarification
Offline   Reply With Quote