View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
stevew
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Z10
Carrier: Koodo Mobile
Default Re: Dissappointed with 9900 on Telus - many issues

Wow...

You do realize that this is a forum, where people come for help? The latest leaked beta resolves many, many issues - for many users, me included. You can wait it out until you get the exact same "half-baked" leaked OS (.353) that I have and am using quite successfully - and maybe it will show up on Telus within 6 months. The reason things take so long to certify, is only because carriers really don't give a damn, as long as they're have something posted on the site - and they only test when they have time, which they generally don't. Testing isn't really a very scientific process at any of the carriers - no more than consumers testing them. Good luck with that one.

2nd, Weather Eye is a piece of shit on any OS, on any day. It's not RIM, but the developer who wrote Weather eye that has the issue. They haven't got a clue when it comes to writing apps. I have spoken to them before - they're complete morons on a good day. If you knew anything about that app, that you so heavily rely on, you'd also know that it's a battery hog, and having it update every 30 minutes will only eat more battery. You'd also know that it has frequent issues. My 9900 with every OS ever released, beta, leaked or otherwise, has never thrown exception errors. Weather Eye just has issues on every single OS/BB. if also has lousy reviews on App World.

3rd, the 9900 battery life stinks - period. Get a 2nd or 3rd battery and a battery charger bundle, which works from A/C or in a vehicle. I have both of the above.

4th, there's no issue with the task switcher. I use it all the time - and if I want to end it, I can hit either the escape or end button and it ends, period

Maybe you should load the latest leaked OS...instead of whining about .261 being so bad.

Previously owned:
At least 17+ different BB's since 1999 -- too many to list...
Offline   Reply With Quote