View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
paradilly

Model: 8800
Carrier: o2
Default BES SRP connection failing for no reason

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

I currently have our support guys working on this but just wanted your opinions as RIM seem to be taking their sweet time on it.

we have a problem where the Blackberry Server (on domino - BESv2.2) just stopped working.

On first glance it looks like connectivity with srp.eu.blackberry.net is failing (I am seeing this periodically in the console window)
Running the bbsrptest.exe has always showed there is no connection to this address even though there clearly was due to the fact the server ran fine here for nearly two years. The techie couldnt figure out why the test was failing but we left it due to the fact that the server was working correctly.

As a test, I moved the server to a different external line with full natting to it, the bbsrptest then worked perfectly (success) but we were still getting the connection attempt failed message.

There are no mails coming into or going out of the Blackberrys and lookups fail also. A quick look on the console also shows the lack of any confirmations of delivery.

The current state of affairs is that our tech support say we may have been blocked by rim due to our IP changing too often but it was only changed once after the failures started to occur so I seriously doubt this is so.

Anyone any ideas?

Any response much appreciated.