View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
Habubla

Model: P100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Unknown
Unhappy BlackBerry Playbook - Flash Write Failure? What to do???

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I've had this problem with my BlackBerry PlayBook since I got it (A year or two now). I've been searching for fixes to this since this happened and I still didn't find any solution.

My PlayBook is bricked, or even in a worse condition.

This is how it started:

It was just an ordinary day and I decided to *mess* around with my PlayBook. I tried to jailbreak it (I was a beginner, my bad). I used BlackBerry Device Manager and Desktop Software to backup my PlayBook (everything, including data) and I left my PlayBook on the USB Charger (the one that comes included with your PlayBook) for the whole night. I couldn't stop the backup process (I don't know why). I woke up in the morning, went downstairs, and jumped back to my computer. The backup was made. I only had two more things left to do, restore my PlayBook to an older version and jailbreak it. I downloaded an older version which is just before the current one that I had and I clicked 'Restore from Backup' on the Device Manager screen. I waited a while and after about 2 minutes... 'BOOM'! My device froze. It froze right on the 'Restoring' screen. Device Manager popped-up a message: 'Device is not connected' and that's when everything became different. I didn't search 'How to fix a frozen screen on a BlackBerry PlayBook' because I was too stupid and foolish to even do that and I went my own way and decided to hard reset my PlayBook. I did and my Playbook shut off. I started it up again and after a few seconds, my PlayBook started to go on a loop of red LED lights of death that kept flashing. This is the order:

1 RED LED LIGHT
Wait half a second...
4 RED LIGHTS
And then repeat...

I have tried everything to find a solution (rapid charging, resets, stack charging, normal charging, etc.).Could someone please find a solution to this?

Thanks!

EDIT: I've just found out that my error code is 101111. I've been told that it's a flash write failure. I don't have any idea of what to do, I'm confused. Please help! Another user told me that I have to keep my PB on charge for at least 2 days and wait for it to reboot once you hard reset. I'm trying that, but I need more suggestions incase that doesn't work.

Last edited by Habubla; 03-16-2014 at 03:12 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote