View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #19
tags26

Model: 7100T

I just set up a few Q's with Exchange 2003 SP2 and it's working great. My personal Q locked up and had to be returned as there is no "hard" reset on the unit. Taking the battery out didn't fix the problem unfortunately. Seems that the system state reset is in WM5 settings menu so it's kind of useless if you can't boot into WM5. But it is a bit of my fault I guess...i hacked the crap out of it and installed a hacked program to get streaming Sirius. It worked for a while, but then the fun was over...

Back to email capabilities. My users sync their Outlook Contacts, Calendar and Tasks without fail using Active Sync. THERE IS NO PUSH EMAIL like you are used to on the BB, but it can sync automatically at a minimum of 3 min intervals. Which means it will never be 3 minutes than it syns - usually, odds are you'll receive an email within 1.5 minutes and then it will sync another 1.5 min later, get it??? This is perfectly fine for my org but I can see where some other people might be upset that it isn't true push. But this will all be changed come the fall anyhow as an update for the Q to have true push and MSFP capabilities will be available.

My users are able to sync their Outlook contacts folder but not any public or global folders on Exchange wirelessy thru ActiveSync. But there are many 3rd party programs that will give you the ability to sync your public folder contacts as well as your BCM Contacts (Outlook Business Contact Manager Contacts) which is perfect b/c my company uses that. The only thing is you'll need the USB cable and sync with the wire. I get spoiled syncing Outlook Contacts/Tasks/Calendar wirelessly so you can see why this is a disadvantage.

Other than that, I think the Q is great. It's def. not junk as some might have you believe. It's voice capabilties are the best I've ever heard in a cell phone, very clear and loud. Speakerphone is very clear and bluetooth works flawlessly. I use it in my Bluetooth enabled system in my car with voice activation and the Q never even hicupped once.

They QWERTY keypad is nice, however sometimes the keys are a little too hard to push...but the Intelligent AutoFill is really a great feature that I've come to love. In texts and emails it remembers the words you type and keeps it in a cache, so when you begin typing a word, it gives you options to auto-fill with the words you have used recently and frequently. Very nice feature.

My only sticking point is not so much the software's limitations, because that will be updated soon, but no hardware reset, no button to push. I like hacking my phone, and doing things the avg. person will never do. So i'm guessing I will be making lots of trips to Verizon to get new phones.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

Last edited by tags26; 06-30-2006 at 09:30 AM..