NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default Re: Upgrade Makes Me Look For Another Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by adperdue View Post
Next time, read your contract. It is spelled out in black and white.

As far as security is concerned, your AT&T address book is encrypted, and only your BlackBerry has the key. Myth busted.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Ah faith, ain't it a wonderful thing. Rather than get into a lengthy discussion about security and its' various facets I suggest that you do some research on security and encryption. Suffice it to say encryption is not a magic wand. Plus, it only takes a little thought to realize that data "in the cloud" is data out of the individual's control. Whoever has physical possession of the data has whatever access to it they wish.

As for the contract; well I guess it is covered under that sentence that in essence reads that ATT can do whatever they want whenever they want. Same with other carriers and companies for that matter. Since BB touted their security they seemed to draw a line between what is on the phone and the communications over the carrier's equipment. In this case the carrier stepped over that line into what was in the phone and never intended to be sent over the carrier's network.
Offline   Reply With Quote