View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #9
DeanAzzu

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Re: BES 5.0.3 and Exchange 2010 - headaches

Hi Nobody7290,

The virtual machines was a completely new VM, new Server 2008 R2 OS and new BES install.

Since then, I have set up and installed a new physical server running server 2008 R2 and installed the BES.

Again, I see the setup MAPI profile not being able to find my BESAdmin account, although, entering the domain controller/global catalog server name finds this.

After the install, I start an activation of a new device/new user.

The activation hangs at contacting server and then the menu comes up saying, continue activation or cancel activation. Hitting continue activation then gets it going again.

Unfortunately, although I can then send/receive mail, no old email, when I say old, I mean emails from yesterday, are sunchronised to the device.

Also, I fully expect the MAPI service to drop out again.

This is running BES 5.0.3 with MR4.

Really beginning to frustrate me now this is - never had so many problems with BES before. If only BES 4.1 worked with Exchange 2010.

Talking on Exchange, would there be anything here that could cause this? I have the BESPolicy throttling policy assigned to the BESAdmin account and all values set to null, but is there a way to check this is being used, rather than the default throttling policy with certain values still set?

Can anyone think of anything else exchange wise that might cause this?

I'm going to re-install the BES5 software, this time, fully pointing to our exchange 2007 box and see what happens. That way, it should pretty much confirm it's exchange 2010.

Many Thanks,
Dean.
Offline   Reply With Quote