View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 01:30 AM   #31
cuto

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Yes, if you have the wifi logo in bold then that means that BIS is connected through wifi and all that data will go over wifi. Any app that will connect through BIS will work over the BIS wifi connection. Most apps made for the BB work over a BIS connection.

If you have a BB data plan, then set the browser for Internet Browser. It will use the wifi BIS connection first. If you set it for Hotspot browser then when you're not in a wifi area, you won't get anything using the browser.
ooh, i like how the BB Bold is so smart in prioritizing the data connection medium. so what if i was already on live messenger chatting away, i just got home, and the bold connected via wifi with the wifi logo lit, does that mean all data is being routed through wifi or the mobile network? i tried turning off the mobile network radio and the live messenger connection dropped even though i was connected over wifi. :( i'm guessing if i want to use the wifi connection, i need to re-login when i'm connected to wifi?
Offline   Reply With Quote