Old 03-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
crazylily

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Why is my Bold 9000 freezing so much

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys, I hope you guys can help. I'm so desperate

For the last few months my Bold has been freezing. At first I didn't mind just doing battery pulls but now it's crazy. It freezes so much throughout the day that I probably do about 12-20 battery pulls a day. What's annoying is it freezes just when I need it right away, then it takes a while to restart when I do the pull. And then, each time I do a battery pull, it drains the battery so it doesn't help that I'm consistently doing the pulls, waiting for it to restart, and having to keep it connected to a charger all day.

I'm not sure what caused this freezing. I don't save any media files on it as I use my memory card. I always clean my history and delete my messages i've already read. I know I don't have too many apps (just Dictionary.com, Wavesecure, Navita translator, Call blocker, weathernetwork, googlemap) but the memory for apps keep saying i've only 3 MB left and when it freezes more as it gets closer to 0 throughout the day. During the best times that I've had this phone, I've even had more apps than I do now and it worked fine. I've even deleted all my games :( and deleted as much as I can to keep my Bold as clean as possible. I have some calendar and memo entries but I don't think it's any more than a regular BB user has. I've seen my friends who have more apps installed in their Bold and they don't have the same problem.

I have the most recent OS (5.0) for the Bold 9000 so I know I don't need an update.

I'm not even a Blackberry newbie so this is frustrating to me not being able to fix my baby Bold. Out of all my friends with Blackberry devices, they go to me for help with their issues! So I hope you guys can help me out. What is wrong and how can I fix it. I used to be such a Crackberry addict now the thought of even having to reach for my Blackberry to use it annoys me.

Help

Last edited by crazylily; 03-15-2011 at 10:53 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote