View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
kim@gandylornell.net

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Question Did Verizon Fib About BB Browser Outages?

Please Login to Remove!

Help! My BB browser stopped working on Jan. 15th

"Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact your administrator" is the message I get whenever I try to use the browser.

I finally called Verizon Wireless on the 17th and after trying all the usual fixes (all of which I had already tried) they supposedly called RIM. Then they said that RIM told them the problem was with Blackberry and only affected 5% to 10% of their users, and that they are working on it.

I can't find any way to get through to RIM/Blackberry tech support, but it is now Jan. 26 and still no browser. Well, actually I am now able to get to the four sites that are in my Blackberry browser bookmarks, but I can't enter a "go to" address, not even google or yahoo, and can't get to any other sites (pretty strange, huh.)

I'm suspicious that I was given the brushoff by Verizon -- I say that because I've searched this site and can't find any reference to this supposed "problem," and if it was really affecting 5-10% of BB users it would have been all over this site, right?

Can someone help? Anyone else getting the message above? Is there a BB Tech number I can call that doesn't require me to buy a service contract or something?

Thanks a million!
Offline   Reply With Quote