View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #15
CSmith0203

Model: 7520

Try this...I had the same exact problem, and this is what finally got me through:

Issues that occur when the BlackBerry device displays the Services Received status include the following:

The BlackBerry device stops responding with the message "Waiting for Services". This may occur because the "BlackBerry Policy Service" is not running, or it cannot send the IT policy or service books to the BlackBerry device. Check if the "BlackBerry Policy Service" is running, or restart the "BlackBerry Policy Service".
The BlackBerry device rejects the IT policy pushed from the "BlackBerry Policy Service"; the activation process is terminated due to security restrictions. Generally, this means that the BlackBerry device has a current IT policy from another BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Tip: If this occurs, have the BlackBerry device user perform a security wipe of the BlackBerry device in order to remove the existing IT policy. Then, remove the BlackBerry device user account from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and add it again.
____

So basically,in BES, right click on your server under the "Blackberry Manager". Then go to service control...see if "Blackberry Policy Service" is in the "Start Service" category...if it is, click it and this will start the Blackberry Policy service. Once you have done this...wipe the handheld, delete the user from BES, re-add the user, and start the activation process again.

This solved my problem and I havent had a problem activating since I found this out.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by CSmith0203; 10-11-2006 at 04:44 PM..