View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #12
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitl3ss View Post
I have a skin on order and I am thinking of using the storm case since it is a little bigger and hopefully the 8900 w/skin will fit.

Has anyone else tried this? I locally for the BB storm case today but no luck at bestbuy.
I have a silicon skin on my 8900 and currently using my 8300 OEM holster. The 8900 fits perfectly into the 8300 Holster but the only thing is that the holster magnet doesn't make contact with the 8900 to put it to sleep. Somewhat of a bummer, but I don't mind because I always have the habit to lock my phone before putting it in the holster anyways, only thing is that I might suffer some battery loss when I the keyboard gets accidentally pressed, but that should be a rare occasion because the holster is hanging on my belt. The 8900 slides in and out perfectly with little to no effort of tugging the phone out of the holster because of it being too tight.

For those who MUST have the BB in sleep when in the holster, you can insert the 8900 with the screen facing your body, this would be where the backside of the 8900 is facing out. I discovered that if you do this, the magnet makes contact and puts the phone to sleep.

At this very moment, I've been inserting my 8900 with the backside facing out because I'm waiting for my Invisible Shield to protect the screen before I expose the screen to possible bumps and scrapes.

IMO, I think the 8300 works perfect for those who have a silicon skin around the 8900. The 8900 matches well with the 8300 OEM Holster and is pretty durable to say the least (it's protected my 8300 for over a year)

8300 holsters on ebay go for about $10 - you can't beat that.
Offline   Reply With Quote