Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
avramidisv

Model: 0000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none
Default BESE 5.0.2 with exchange 2010 - CDO and smartphones Activation Issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all.

I am a new BESE User and I would like some help please.

I just installed the BESE 5.0.2 following all the video tutorials and documentation guides from the blackberry support web page but I have 2 issues for which I need some guidelines.

1. The System Requirements pdf says : To support Microsoft Exchange 2010, you must install Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI client and CDO 1.2.1 version 6.5.8146.0 or higher. I suppose that it means to install them on the BESE. So, i have installed the MAPI client on the BESE Server but when I try to install on BESE the CDO 1.2.1 as well, I get the following error message : Collaboration Data Objects cannot be installed unless Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 is also installed.
Now, one of the video tutorials, mentions that one of the not supported things is that email applications such as outlook, can’t be installed on the same computer as the BESE!!!.
So, what’s your suggestions here? Should or shouldn’t install the Office outlook on BESE in order to install the CDO? Is the CDO really necessary to be installed?

2. I have problems with the smartphones activation… I also followed the activation video tutorials with no luck.
Using the BlackBerry® Administration Service, when I plug the smartphone via a USB cable on my computer, the pop up asking for the smartphone’s password doesn’t come up and the result is that can’t find it on the Devicesxxx61664;Attached Devices menu…

The BESE is on a separate windows 2003 Server Machine than our Microsoft exchange 2010 and both Machines are Virtual. They are running on Vmware ESX 4 Environment.
I’ve done and followed all the prerequisites and preinstallaltions tasks and I do believe that the most of them have been done correctly.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance.
Offline   Reply With Quote