View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
KapsBB

Model: 8700c
PIN: 203D93F4
Carrier: AT&T
Question Multi-Site BES High Availability with BES 5 and Exchange 2010

Please Login to Remove!

I am doing HA for Exchange 2010 and also BES v5.0.4.27. The DAG on Exchange is nearly complete and I also need to setup BES in HA in a different site. It seems that the designs I have looked at usually have SQL installed separately from BES. For our installation we have a single BES server in NY with SQL 2005 running on that server. Will this work in a HA setup? I haven't started the install yet. It seems that you point the new install to the current SQL database and it will detect an active BES already and give you the option to setup a standby BES, but I would like to confirm how this is supposed to work before starting the install.

Which brings me to the next question. Since this is multi-site, does that SQL database need to be setup with clustering or anything, or will BES replicate the data to the second site? Obviously if our NY datacenter goes down, that SQL database won't be available in CHI. So I am wondering if when you install the second BES, does it setup its own SQL database and replicate? If not, what are my options for setting up a multi-site HA BES?

I attached a diagram of what is being setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DAG.jpg (85.3 KB, 2 views)
Offline   Reply With Quote