View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainman007 View Post
Like the OP says, no matter what you say, probably half the BB users are recommending other phones. But your right if what you mean is that my problems are self inflicted, BY BUYING A BLACKBERRY i have self-inflicted this. Your right ! No wonder they hardly sell any phones here. The entire tollfree number is one guy sitting in his house, I heard a radio and children crying in the background while he read out his canned answers. Most of which were proved wrong on this very forum.
I know that I, as well as others, have assisted you since you came to this forum. You are used to the Palm platform and have the expectations of the BlackBerry to work just like your Palm. I believe that's your main issue. The BlackBerry is not like a Palm, not like an iPhone, not like a Windows Mobile device, or like an Android based device. It is a BlackBerry. As you've noticed it is very different than any other device. And as many others have stated, it is not for everyone.

Your issues are not self inflicted because you purchased a BlackBerry, they're self inflicted because you didn't research the device and it's capabilities to see if it suits your needs prior to purchasing a BlackBerry.

I am not sure where you're located. Your carrier says Vodafone, which could be Australia, Netherlands, etc. But to say they don't sell many devices is absurd. Look at RIM's global figures. You saying that their call center is one guy in his house is laughable as well.

It is obvious you were happier with your Palm device than you are with your BlackBerry, and having seen your 90+ posts of issues, the device isn't for you. I understand that you are trying to make the device suit your needs, but you shouldn't have to force it to happen. For me, the BB does what I need. It pushes email to me, notifies me when it is received, alerts me of my appointments, etc. If it didn't work for me, I would be with another device. I have tried the Palm Pre (for about a week) and it didn't work for me, so I am still with the BlackBerry because it does what I need it to do.

You should still have a few days to go back to your previous device or find another device that better suits your needs.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote