Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Will you purchase one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
iPAD's are NOT locked to any carrier. They have no phone, so why would they lock it to a carrier? I have one working on 3G on Bell in Canada and it will work on any carrier you choose, by changing the mirco sim to that carrier. It's lacking in many areas...basically nothing more than an overgrown iPOD with a faster browser, but no Flash support, making it useless. Once they release a standalone 3G Playbook, I'm a buyer, but not if it's only available as a BB tether. As usual, Apple locked this thing down with very few usable features, including limited to no local storage, unless you use iTUNES. It's far from a business tool. I use it to read the news and browse the web...basically, that's about all it's good for for me.
There are huge advantages to the iPad. The large amount of usable apps that are extremely easy to get on the device via numerous easy methods. The application base is what sets the iPad apart. I admit, the browser is bad, and the lack of flash support is even worse.

I really hope that RIM will get their act together and create a proper application delivery system for their new operating system.
Offline   Reply With Quote