Old 09-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
TVDinner
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinka View Post
I have been pretty much a die hard bb user, had 2 of the Curves, one on Verizon and one on ATT. My work phone suddenly died. None of the buttons would work out of nowhere and i rushed to ATT and picked up the Torch.

I realize that there is a learning curve here with the touch screen and the new OS... but so far I am not thrilled. The first issue is that it is nowhere near as intuitive. I picked up my first blackberry with never having had a PDA (original pearl) and it just was so logical. I went through the tutorial and that was it. A pleasure to use, it simplified and organized my life in a way.

This thing is just not doing that. This is a business phone. Main thing i need is a phone for heavy call volume, heavy text use, heavy email use and a browser.

MUTE KEY.. continually gets pressed in a call by either my cheek or by the holster, only way out is to lock the screen on each call. That is a pain in the butt.

TEXT... does not open the most recent text. I have to scroll to get to it. Another pain in the butt.

Email seems to be just fine.

Keyboard, not bad, a little thin in the hand due to the slider.. Im ok with that. Touch screen.. Maybe i just don't like those period. Its not as accurate as other touch screens and i find that the touch pad works better.

Screen.. I like the size of it. Resolution is somewhat of a mystery to me but its workable.

Browser.. MUCH better than the Curve.

Perhaps this was just not the best choice for a work horse phone. I liked the first Bold but its not around any more.
I am going to give this a week to see how it does with heavy call volume. Not loving the new Curve nor the new Bold so I'm not certain what to move to. Maybe it will grow on me.
Upgrade your operating system and the entire phone literally jumps into a different level of great. I was a little underwhelmed also, but since upgrading the phone is fast and incredible.