Old 04-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #17
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by colgra01 View Post
Question: I have my own blackberry device that I pay for (and expense to my company), that runs corporate email on a BES server. I have also set up a gmail account on this device. Is the gmail running on BES or BIS? Are my gmail messages remaining private?? How about PIN to PIN messages? BBM? Thank you in advance for your help!
Welcome to the forum. First things first - it's generally frowned upon to cross post. You asked this question here and in another thread as well as via PM. Please post once and be patient

Now, to answer your question, your gmail account is considered BIS email and cannot be read by a BES admin since it's not being processed by the BES or your company email server. Your device is communicating with your carrier and RIM directly.

However, PIN messaging, BBM and text messaging *can* all be monitored. They are not logged by default (at least with BES 4.1) but are very easily logged and read.

If you have concerns about what may be read via those communication methods, you should have your device removed from the BES.