Old 06-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: z10 updates ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJr View Post
@ rambo 47 : why worry about updates ? Number one reason are the security updates .in this day and age of electronics , regular security updates are necessary .
@ jsconyers : not true at all . Soon as apple update is released it can be downloaded . With android as soon as an update is released very few android devices can download the update . All android devices either get just one update or some even none at all. My wifes android will never see one update . My note 2 will likely see android 4.2.2 many months from now even though its already available . This is a very well known problem with android.
So please replies that are usefull only .

Apple to me now just plays catch up now. And im sick of that . Android is to annoying with there updates unless you buy a google phone from google. Never did like windows . So that leaves me with blackberry . As long as blackberry does not drop support for there z10 within 1 year like android does and updates do not take terribly long to become available to download I think when I sell my note 2 I will try out the z10
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Did you not read what I wrote? I said Apple goes through the same process, they just wait to announce the OS until the process is complete. That gives the appearance that it is available as soon as it is announced.

My reply was useful if you took the time to read the article that I linked. Also, it looks like you are new to this forum. Look around and I am sure you will find that I have many "useful" replies around this forum. Much more useful than this non-informational, opinion-based rant. Read the article if you want to know why updates are slow for Android. It breaks it down pretty clear. When I was using the HTC EVO 3D I received multiple OS updates on that device, not just one. I now have the Note 2 as well, and I am happy with this device up to this point. My only complaint is there is no option to enable autocorrect.

I also have been using both the z10 and the Q10. While they are both solid devices, personally I don't feel they are ready for enterprise use. I need them to be in order to use them. Also, 10.1 has been released for the Z10 for a little while now. But Verizon has yet to approve it and release it for an update. So, the same as Android, Apple, etc. You will have to wait for the carrier to approve it before it makes it to the device.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote