View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

I think I get the picture. Let me run this by you. So you are saying that if I run Wizard Email to add Yahoo and Gmail, then I would have 3 separate Contacts and Three Calendars both on the BB desktop and Options/Advanced Options/Default Services (3 Calendar [CICAL] and 3 Messaging [CMIME]). In theory, that means I would also have 3 Outlooks on PC or actually one big Outlook with three sublevels. It sounds a little messy. How does Desktop Manager (DM) recognize all that?

Also, I may have a bigger problem which may explain why my PC, my BB and I get confused. I setup Outlook on my PC to work with my Comcast email because I could not stand to use Comcast address book. I added BB contacts to PC OUtlook Address using 3rd party software. BB is setup just for my regular Sprint wireless email. So I have just one calendar and contacts for the same carrier. For a long time, I keep BB separate from PC.

Much later, I fooled around with adding Gmail and Yahoo to my BB via Wizard email application. As explained before, I had problems (probably misunderstood and made mistakes) and dropped Gmail and Yahoo, but still have problems because I have been sync.. BB Sprint with PC Outlook for Comcast instead of using 3rd party. Sounds like I need to add Comcast to my BB and open PC Outlook for BB. Am I on the right track?
Offline   Reply With Quote