Old 05-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob
Default Desktop manager removing apps from pearl

Please Login to Remove!

i used app loader a few days ago to add some software that i bought on my pearl, and just before I started the loader-synch, i got a list of what's going on/coming off the device (normal). before doing this, I checked all the apps i wanted to keep and noted that it said 'None' in the Action column, but regardless, some of my apps were removed because they were 'unrecognized' and i wound up having to install them again via OTA after app loader had finished. App loader warned me of this but i proceeded anyway because i thought the apps were backed up with my regular backups (it turns out they were not, don't know why).

has anyone else had this problem ? some of these apps that were removed were purchases, and i had a hard time getting new OTA links because the old ones in the emails i got (from the purchase) were not installing the software right on my device....

is this a problem with desktop manager ? I'm using service pack 1.
should it be backing up ALL apps loaded on the device during a backup ? the apps also appear on the app loader screen after the device is read....