View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #1
joshtpa

Model: NA
Carrier: AT&T
Default Release Me From IPhone Troubles Rant!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Let me start with this. I am a long time Blackberry user. Going way back to before the "large blueberry" that I had 5 years ago. I then went to a company that supplied me with a Moto Q. I really liked the Q. I liked the Windows options (even though I am a Mac User), and of course I loved the form factor. I had that phone for 2 years and loved it. Decided that since I am a Mac User, I had to drink Steve Jobs' Kool Aid and got the IPhone the day after it came out. I really do love this phone. The ease of use, the features, the UI, the form factor, etc...But it has limitations that I just cannot get passed. No cut and paste, no MMS, charging for ringtones, doesnt sync well with anything (including my Macbook), no bluetooth for anything other than earpiece, etc...
So of course now I am sitting here at my desk in a new company, and low and behold, they use Exchange Server. FORGET IT. So now I am blessed with the fact that as any Crackberry user knows, once you get your emails outside of work, not getting them is a MAJOR PROBLEM. So what is a guy to do?
Since I have left the BB world, tons of things have changed. THey now have cameras (i love that). THey now have a great form factor (even more important). But I still cannot figure out why they have yet to have a phone that has the big 3 (GPS, WIFI, Camera). Quite a few have 2 out of 3, but none as of yet have all 3 that I have seen.
GPS is not a necessity to me, since I have that in my car now, so that leaves me with the Pearl or Curve. However I am on AT&T (and am staying there), and they do not have either one of the new versions out yet. Curve coming 10/4 as BGR has stated. I know we do not have a release date for Pearl 2, but I am guessing shortly after that.
So the whole point of this RANT, is well, I guess I dont have a point. I think the lesson is, once you go Crack (berry that is), you never go back.
Thanks for listening to my rant. Oh, and if anyone needs an IPhone, I have one obviously.
Offline   Reply With Quote