Thread: Time to Buy ?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers

Surfish,

I'm not an economist or a stockbroker so you can take this as lightly as you want.

I would wait for the Economic bailout package to be fully deployed within the next few weeks.

There has been great strain on the American financial and trading system and it's not going to stop anytime soon. RIM has lost over half of it's value in under 2 months. Apple and Google have also lost significant amounts as far as other major tech companies are concerned.

RIM is doing OK because they have two brand new devices they're waiting to put out. But we've also yet to see the Bold be released by ATT which is going to aparently happen before the end of Oct.

What you need to look at is the posibility that if you buy right now they could still dip more but obviously go back up.

I will say that there's no chance in hell of the stock going back to it's initial value 5 weeks ago, but you could maybe find yourself making $30 per share in a few years.

Stocks and the markets are not all of a sudden going to bounce back to where they were, this is going to be slow growth after we hit the rock bottom (which hasent happened yet)

Today RIM has gained almost $3 so they could be having a nice turn around where they'll possibly gain $20 over the next week or two, but the current target is for it to hit $112 a year from now.
Offline   Reply With Quote