emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you very much for your positive feedback guys - it's really appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeek View Post
1) it *does* work with external bluetooth GPS pucks, at least it does with mine (I don't know if you enabled this capability since the first release or were not aware that it worked)
That's very interesting - no I did not change anything since the initial implementation - this means, that RIM API will make also external GPS Devices available via the default LocationProvideInterface - that would be really cool - this this would mean, that I do not have to do anything to support external devices

Would be good/interesting to see if others can confirm this - since I can't test this environment at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeek View Post
2) the shortcut keys don't work well for a Pearl 8100 since "b" and "n" are on the same physical key
Yes you are right - I have the same problem with the virtual keyboard on the storm [that have to be solved in the next release] - but I hope the trackball nav will work on your 8100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFlunkie
It took me a minute to figure out that I had to enter "store/" or "SDCard/" to begin browsing the path to stash the files.
yes indeed having some folder icons before the text would make it way more obvious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFlunkie
How tough would it be to 'email the resulting file'? Or upload it to a web site?
you mean the exported KML & GPX? [personally I store the exports always on the SDCard and either plug in the SDcard then into my PC card reader - or I use the DesktopManager to access the files on the device]

On thing I am going to add for sure in on of the next releases is, that you are able to copy the current position into the clipboard, so that you can paste it into a SMS or email (to let somebody know, where you are)

Thanks again for your feedback
Matthias

Last edited by emacf1; 02-14-2009 at 05:12 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote