Thread: email setup
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
ragzmln

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default Re: email setup

Hi. I was searching on this since almost a year! Finally today i have got the solution. The first and easy solution is to call your service provider, and set up the mail manually on their blackberry site (eg., in vodafone india- hutch.blackberry.com). However, with this option, i was not able to syncronize calender and contacts, which is one very essential feature.
The absolutely correct method is as below. I wonder why even the vodafone guys on phone didnt know about it! Read this on the blackberry official site's forum, and it worked like a charm!!

Download and install a new BlackBerry Internet Service Email Accounts/Set-up Application by navigating to the following URL using the web browser on the BlackBerry smartphone: (url not allowed to post as im a new memeber- may be the moderator can mail me to ask for the url and post it himself).

Note: In the above URL, the E and the C in EmailClient are case sensitive.

Note: <brand> corresponds to the carrier BlackBerry Internet Service brand name. e.g. (Verizon = vzw, ATT = mycingular, Rogers = rogers, T-Mobile = t-mobile). The BlackBerry smartphone user may need to contact their mobile carrier technical support to obtain the value to substitute for <brand> in the URL as it is different for each carrier. For me, i already knew it was hutch.blackberry.com/....
Offline   Reply With Quote