View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #20
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

@ez & Daphne, Thanks for your advice. I agree with what you said about the small church. I shad a conversation with her about this last night, telling her that I would like to regularly start attending church with her. I mentioned that I think we need to find another (smaller) church as I didn't feel comfortable at the one we went to originally. She agreed, and we will see how things go.

@the-economist, I see your points, and I can't say that I fully agree or disagree with you. When it comes to religion, I try to keep an open mind. There are a lot of religions and a lot of beliefs out there. My issue is when people try to force their religion or beliefs onto others. For me, it pushes me away from that or belief. That and when people put other religions and beliefs down because they differ from theirs. That theirs is superior.

The great thing about America (I know you're not in America) is that we have the freedom of religion. We are free to believe or not believe in any religion of our choice. I agree with what Daphne stated, you don't seem open to accepting other's beliefs. It's fine if you don't believe, or you think it is a fairy tale, that's your belief. But it's not fine to tell someone else their belief is incorrect just because your opinion differs.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Offline   Reply With Quote